Our team provides corporate and divisional security and compliance groups across the company with the data, information and reports necessary to measure policy compliance, identify areas of risk, and determine necessary response and action. We deliver services, data and processes built on our platforms, with a deep focus on integrating with and supporting the company's engineering systems.
The demand for our services is growing and we need a talented technical writer to join our team. We operate in a high-energy, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment. This role provides the opportunity to make a significant impact while further developing your skillset.
The technical writer will be responsible for creating and publishing technical and instructional documents in a clear and concise manner for the partners using our services. You will work closely with the Product Owner and other technical team members to ensure accuracy of the content.
- Work with the Product owner and other team members to research how we and our partners use the services.
- Then independently creating a user guide for a capability and publishing it to a SharePoint site.
- Creating additional FAQs for the capability.
- Suggesting UI changes that would improve the services usability and filling work item for the approved changes.
- Plan, organize, prioritize, and develop the needed technical/instructional content.
- Develop style guide for content to ensure consistency including updating templates (colors, fonts, standard sections, etc).
- Create SharePoint based websites to host content for our team as well as our internal customers.
- Develop ongoing management process to update content.
- Formatting and visual refresh for all standard partner-facing recurring mails and walking decks.
- Contribute to and in some cases drive UI improvements to the services.
- At least 3+ years of relevant Technical Writing and Project Management experience.
- Comfortable with SharePoint content management and publishing.
- Competence in reading and writing JSON/HTML.
- Strong time and project management skills with ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously with little or no oversight.
- Ability to communicate and influence across all functions (such as engineering, operations, services and legal).
- Self-starter with drive to succeed in a quickly changing business environment.
- Strong problem-solving ability and ability to utilize experience to improve processes and proactively drive opportunities to resolution without supervision.
- High attention to detail and ability to work within stringent deadlines.
- Passion for technology and learning new skills.
- Ability to multi-task, deal effectively with ambiguity and prioritize under pressure.
- A degree in computer science, English, journalism, or technical communication.
This role will be part time on side and part time remote.