Research, design, develop, and write business process and troubleshooting documentation for Tier2 support. Working with Content Lead and subject matter experts, identify areas of greatest documentation need; update existing documentation, identify and link to partner-authored materials, and write new documentation as required. Validate documentation accuracy and usefulness with subject matter experts, and publish documentation using internal tools. Recommend improvements to documentation organization and templates, to optimize usefulness.
In addition to proven technical and business-process writing experience, the ideal candidate has strong journalistic instincts, a background in search technologies, and experience writing content for support agents and Engineers. We need this person to have a technical writing background so that they understand how software comes together.
Writing samples required.
- We need a technical writer to come in and write standard procedures and help with floater work for some of the other writers.
- The audience is global support engineers. This will be procedural and troubleshooting content. The goal is to enable the engineers to do good quality work.
- The team works on how to focus content that helps the tech support engineers work their tickets.
- 5+ years of technical writing experience with a strong background in technology and software Development.
- Experience writing content support for tech engineers tier 2 and 3. Trouble shooting procedural standard operating procedure and other task based content.
- Journalistic instinct, worked in journalism or have a degree in it.
- Fluent with modern software tools, good level of expertise with excel and content publishing tools (any SMC- robo help, mad cape flair, etc).
- Background in Surge Technology or Surge Advertising.