6 month contract with potential for extension or perm with Fortune 500 Tech company!
• Develop and maintain engaging and highly technical customer-facing learning content.
• Create content in a range of media forms such as online help, technical articles, tutorials, training, in-product content such as tooltips, and learning videos.
• Adhere to corporate learning strategies, learning content standards, and localization guidelines, and ensure that your content is clear, understandable, and effective.
• Acquire detailed knowledge of features and products by interviewing developers, subject matter experts, product specialists, product owners, and from user stories and hands-on product use.
• Participate actively in the product team: stay informed of project changes, estimate learning content development efforts, and define content plans.
• Provide feedback to user experience designers about the learnability of proposed designs.
• Perform final production reviews to ensure the reliability of all deliverables, including navigation, search functions, links, and playback quality of videos.
• Interact with customers to understand their product-specific learning needs, through forums, interviews and surveys.
• Apply market research and analytics usage data to learning content initiatives to focus content development efforts on high-impact areas.
• Other duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
• 1+ years of experience developing written instructional content and learning tools for complex software applications, ideally for mechanical design or manufacturing CAD software
• BS degree or higher
• Experience with Engineering, Manufacturing, Industrial Design, Process Automation, or related software tools and processes.
• A solid understanding of how to explain complex and technical subject matter through written and video content so that others can learn and understand concepts and instructions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience writing research papers, reports, and other complex written materials.
• Demonstrated ability to assimilate a wide range of technical information and concepts from different sources and package the information succinctly and effectively.
• Ability to work independently and in a distributed, global team environment.
• Eagerness to learn, explore, and gain new experiences.
• An entrepreneurial and innovative spirit.
• Being comfortable working in a close-knit team.
Additional desired, but not required, qualifications:
• Knowledge of sheet metal and/or composites manufacturing processes
• Knowledge of Autodesk Inventor, Autodesk Fusion 360, Solidworks or CATIA.
• Some video recording and editing experience.
• Experience working in a fast-paced, user-centered Agile environment.
Top 7 signs that you’re a strong candidate
1. You are technically oriented, and love to understand how things work.
2. You have a knack for teaching others how to do stuff. Whether it’s in person, with videos, or through written instructions, your peers see you as a fountain of knowledge.
3. You enjoy writing papers and doing research projects.
4. You work well on your own and with others.
5. You are good at communicating and can get your point across quickly.
6. You aren’t afraid of big projects.
7. You love to get things done and revel in accomplishment.