This TOP social media company in Menlo Park, CA was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Our mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, we are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
As one of our fantastic technical writers, you will be part of a team responsible for the quality, discoverability and accuracy of the content both inside and outside products related to our internal data applications. You will do hands-on research and obtain necessary technical content from subject matter experts while translating it into clear, concise, structured documentation. This means sometimes you are documenting something yourself, sometimes you are editing contributed content from someone else, and at other times you are fixing and reorganizing existing documentation. In addition, you may also have opportunities to craft communication content and code it using markup or html. From time to time you will also do project management for various documentation requests.
- Create and maintain internal content for technologies and tools used within the company
- Work closely with product management, engineering, design, and support teams to ensure the quality, discoverability, and accuracy of the content you create and develop Design, write, and edit technical and process documentation
- Create simple, but real world examples to help people get started faster, often involving SQL queries and scripting
- Navigate through multiple platforms such as web, iOS, and Android
- Create and maintain templates for email communication and internal web sites
Education: College graduate