Contract Technical Writer
Our client protects Fortune 500 companies from cybercrimes in lots of clever ways. The documentation team is responsible for creating content that helps our customers learn how to use our products, troubleshoot their issues, and self-serve their educational needs. We truly care about developing new and better ways to get our users the content they need when and where they need it.
Their looking for someone who has experience producing elegantly written content. Their ideal person thrives in a fast-paced environment, believes that learning is a critical aspect of the user experience, is a self-starter, and is an excellent writer.
You will work cross-functionally with UX, Engineering, Product Management, and other groups to build our portfolio of product documentation. Their documentation needs to include in-product help, product feature descriptions, design documents, release notes, installation instructions, user guides, developer guides and partner developer toolkits.
Their ideal team member:
• Has the right mix of technical knowledge, technical writing skills and analytical skills to deliver documentation in the appropriate format for various audiences.
• Has the desire and ability to delve into the technical details and understand what needs to be documented and how.
• Has the tenacity, humor, and people skills to work with and obtain information from a wide variety of team members.
• Is self-directed, passionate about technology and able to produce high-quality documentation.
Okay, enough about they want! Here’s what you’ll be doing:
• Working with closely with Product Management and Development teams on our vulnerability management solution to update and maintain the product’s documentation.
• Writing, editing, and publishing technical release notes.
• Supporting the rest of the documentation team on other projects as needed.
• Tracking your work through JIRA.
• Communicating project statuses and blockers to the Documentation and User Experience team.
• Attending regular status meetings with Product Management and User Experience to sync on status and identify upcoming documentation needs.
• Working with designers to identify contextual help needs in-product and creating content for in-product guides and tool tips.
To thrive in this role, you should have:
• Strong technical knowledge; cybersecurity is a plus
• Experience with GitHub, JIRA, Readme.io, Madcap Flare, Pendo, and Jenkins
• Experience creating documentation for internal and external audiences
• Experience working directly with a software development team
• The ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong project management skills
• The ability to be a team player
And finally, it’d also be extra nice if you have the following education and experience:
• BA/BS degree in Technical Writing, Journalism, Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
• 3+ years of experience in developing technical documentation in an enterprise SaaS company
• Experience working in software development