Contract with potential for extension with Fortune 500 Tech company in SF!
Our Client is seeking a technical writer to structure, edit, prioritize, and sometimes write a large set of documents relating to technical processes and practices around our software development and compliance efforts. This library of best practices covers a wide range of technologies and is intended for use by the product development teams. Set the bar for quality in this set of documents which, in turn, will set the bar for quality for our Client's software development community.
A successful candidate for this role will be able to organize a large set of documents for ease of use, set editorial and curation standards, and collaborate closely with dozens of teams of developers. This is a truly collaborative effort, requiring both broad technical understanding and project management skills.
This is a contract position.
* 4+ years of experience writing highly technical documentation
* Working knowledge of the software development process
* Ability to own complex documentation projects with minimal supervision and meet tight deadlines with multiple deliverables
* Ability to learn new technologies quickly
* Great people and communication skills
* Experience building a business network in a technical organization
* Compliance documentation experience
* Information architecture
* Engaging writing style
* Design skills
* Agile mindset and experience with scrum or Kanban methodologies
* Experience with Atlassian Confluence