The Technical Writer assigned to the Digital Press project is able to take on tasks from beginning through completion with minimal supervision. The writer also demonstrates heightened maturity and judgment in approaching assignments, including providing creative ideas and innovations to Aquent and to the client group.
- Writes content relating to computer technology and peripherals, focusing on audience requirements.
- Exhibits an excellent customer service attitude at all times.
- Works on large and complex technical writing assignments with minimal supervision.
- Develops and writes outlines, drafts, and final deliverables for review by the customer.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of relevant standards and style guides.
- Strives to become an “information expert” on the product or functionality being documented and provides recommendations and ideas to the client project team on presentation, structure, and organization of the materials.
- Keeps current on tools and processes used by our clients.
- Work deliverables can include creating, editing, and maintaining information related to the product software and user interface, including: Tech notes, Install notes, Configuration guides, User guides, Online help, Training materials, Web-based training
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Understanding of software (drivers, installers, utilities), product development, and product integration.
- Proficient with computer applications and languages related to content development: XML, HTML, Content Management Systems (CMS), Microsoft Office
- Experience working in the high tech industry working with multi-faceted, technically complex projects which have required interaction with numerous people.
- Knowledge of writing with localization in mind by demonstrating an understanding of the dynamics that impact the translation and localization process.