Senior Technical Writer
Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
The technical documentation writer will coordinate writing, editing, and release of development, verification and validation documentation to support new product release, including engineering reports, verification and validation protocols and reports, technical specification documents and engineering design and operational process review summaries.
• Work with R&D and New Product Introduction Teams, to plan, write, and edit technical documentation for a variety of scientific audiences including Quality / Regulatory, Genomic Researchers, Bioinformaticians and lab technicians.
• Collect data by interviewing technical and process specialists, researching written material, attending training and demonstrations, using products, and observing users.
• Independently synthesize and describe complex scientific data, and be well versed in scientific terminology, principles, and publishing standards.
• Generate document that meet appropriate quality standard, to support formal verification and validation activities.
• Work efficiently and accurately in content management systems, adhering to best practices and departmental standards for terminology, content management, and reuse.
• Execute on SAP or other ERP systems processing of final documents finished documentation, and maintain organized records of all materials, drafts, and previous versions.
• Quickly learn and apply new tools, processes, and standards. Demonstrate adaptability and forward thinking in the face of technological or organizational change.
• Must be organized, attentive to detail, service oriented, and dedicated to delivering documents that adhere to ISO and FDA standards.
• Able to successfully manage multiple projects from concept to release under tight deadlines while coordinating input from numerous sources. English proficiency and excellent grammatical, writing, and editorial skills are required.
• Familiarity with Word, Visio and SAP is required.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Required, Advanced degree in chemistry, biochemistry, material’s or bioengineering, molecular biology, or genetics preferred.
• 3+ years’ experience as a technical writer in industry, (biotech, medical device, hardware,) focused on scientific or regulatory writing or the equivalent.
• Knowledge and skills typically acquired through previous positions in fast-paced corporate environments which involved responsibility for similar work.
Our clinet develops innovative sequencing and array technologies to enable the analysis of genetic variation and function. Our technology is used in fields such as basic and clinical research, diagnostics, personalized medicine, prenatal genetic-abnormality detection, reproductive health, agriculture, and forensics.
The primary function of this contract is to write engineering reports, verification and validation documents for our Array portfolio. You will work alongside our R&D, Quality and, New Product Introductions groups.
As a Senior Technical Writer, you are a highly productive writer and a quick learner. You have an eye for detail and consistency, and exhibit unfailing attention to quality construction in documents. Your strong technical skills and aptitude for organizing complex information enable you to pick up new technologies, science, and quality / regulatory standards rapidly and well.
You are dedicated to adding value, and understand the connection between technical and quality documentation, customer experience, and business success. Being part of a hard-working team that aspires to be the best in the industry engages your enthusiasm. You seek out opportunities to improve deliverables, and processes. Global thinking, consideration of downstream implications, and attention to sustainable infrastructure are part of your normal approach.
This position relies on effective engagement with many groups. The best candidate will quickly gain a reputation as a strong partner who intelligently gathers input from multiple stakeholders and deals effectively with ambiguous or missing information. Over time, your knowledge of the interdependencies between products enables you to see opportunities that others have missed.
The job requires strong organizational skills and excellent time and project management. You must thrive in a fast-paced environment. All of our technical writers independently manage multiple projects from concept to formal release under tight deadlines and changing conditions while also functioning as collaborative team members. Influencing across boundaries, finding win-win solutions, and responding to obstacles creatively and resourcefully are key characteristics.
An advanced degree in the life sciences or engineering is preferred and it is necessary to learn how to use the products, understand the science at a moderate level, and write appropriately for the audience.
Sophisticated understanding of the principles and practices of tech writing, content management, and reuse is essential. You are an expert in Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office and ERP systems such as SAP, and comfortable with interpreting quality and regulatory standards and technical risk assessments. You are proficient in English, attentive to industry-leading publications standards, and equipped with excellent grammatical and editorial skills.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Senior Technical Writer