Technical Writers and Editors, Aquent Studios is expanding in the Boise area! We are looking for a quick learner interested in working with one of the world's largest information technology companies. This position is part of a team writing content relating to computer technology and peripherals, focusing on consumer audience requirements. In this role you will work at the client site and will have the opportunity to learn the tools, processes and content management practices employed in a global technology company transitioning to a DITA based content management system.
This is a long term, full time contract role with excellent medical/dental benefits.
The Technical Writer works on complex content development and improvement projects that require exceptional writing, troubleshooting, collaboration, and work management skills—often with minimal supervision. The writer regularly works with subject matter experts to find a balance between technical accuracy and simplicity for the consumer. Together with a solid understanding of consumer electronics and support content, the writer ultimately provides ideas and guidance to give the client the best competitive advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Master’s degree in a related field (preferred)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience using DITA or working in a structured authoring environment using XML preferred
- Experience with topic-based writing and working with content management systems (CMS) preferred
- Understanding of software (drivers, installers, utilities), product development, product integration
- Proficiency with computer applications and content management concepts, such as XML, MS Word, and Excel
- Experience working in the high tech industry preferred