Are you passionate about the power of technical innovation to improve the way we live and work?
Does it disappoint you that much of that potential is wasted because users do not understand how to apply the full power of the technical solutions available to them?
As a technical writer are you frustrated with the institutional barriers to getting information to users in real time?
Flexible, adaptable and powerful computing solutions require adaptable and gifted communicators to promote them. So, if you are a talented writer interested in innovative enterprise technology solutions - and you live within commuting distance of Sunnyvale, CA - then we have a very interesting opportunity for you.
Our client is a global leader in enterprise information technology solutions, including servers, storage, networking converged systems, services and software. We are helping the client build an innovative technical content team in support of their open-source based, hybrid cloud solution; which integrates fully-supported commercial versions of OpenStack® software and a fully integrated development environment based on Cloud Foundry technology.
As a writer on this team you will be embedded with a core team of engineers and will participate as an essential part of the engineering process. The writing team is applying Agile methods and practices to publish content quickly and frequently. The ability to build relationships and communicate effectively with a cross-functional team stretching around the world is critical to success in this role.
Skills and abilities required:
- Observe and/or participate in product use development and/or testing to determine the effectiveness of user materials
- Work alongside developers and engineers to understand the products without ongoing “knowledge downloads”
- Willingness to learn new Agile methodology with regard to documentation
- Maintain and/or recreate online installation guides, configuration guides, software overviews as well as other technical documentation
- Establish and maintain technical writing standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, terminology and simplicity
- Collaborate with graphic artists and other team members to create graphical content and/or video teaching modules if needed
- Advanced computer skills, using Office. Experience with Git, markdown and communication methods related to HTML is preferred.
- Skilled in grasping complex concepts and presenting them in clear, concise language that can be understood by a variety of customers with a varied educational background.
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines.
- Work on-site at client offices in Sunnyvale, CA