This is an exciting long-term contract opportunity for an experienced technical communicator who is ready to try something new. Our client is developing a new product that will embed the help in the software. We are looking for a technical writer who is design minded and can help develop the UI of the product as it relates to the help. A background in server management or network management is helpful.
This is a long term project and is anticipated to be a two year commitment for the writer. It is full time and onsite in Fort Collins. The job requires morning and/or evening calls with Bangalore, which can be done from home.
This communicator must be:
- Customer focused
- A fast learner
- Skilled at collaborating across product teams
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically a First Level University degree in Technical Communications, Computer Science or related technical/communications field and a minimum of 5-7 years’ related experience or an Advanced University degree and 2-4 years’ experience or equivalent.
- Familiarity with one of the enterprise IT domains (systems, virtualization, networking, storage, databases etc.).
- Experience in documentation of enterprise software in a systems or networking domain.
- Experience with Agile development processes.
- Familiarity with different operating systems.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Understands concepts and develops in-depth working knowledge of products, applications, and systems in assigned area of responsibility.
- Able to create simple documentation from complex technical information.
- Willingness to work with global teams.
- Core Technical Leadership: Demonstrates leadership in the development of technical innovations and ensuring optimum collaboration and knowledge sharing of technical insights.
- Project Leadership & Troubleshooting: Actively works to resolve project challenges and facilitate knowledge transfer between team members focused on shared objectives.
- Technical Breadth/Depth: Demonstrates motivation to build deeper technical depth in area of expertise and inform that knowledge base through understanding of associated areas.
- Customer-Centric Focus: Ensures that a positive customer experience informs both the approach to work, the quality demonstrated, and the endpoint for measuring success.
- Thought Leadership: Understands how businesses operate and uses this context to drive innovation and ethical decision-making. .