Our client, a non-profit organization located in Washington D.C., is looking for a Technical Project Manager. This is a critical role that will support Email Channel Operations within the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Platform.
- Responsible for intake and tech review weekly meetings: from setting up meeting agenda to taking notes during meeting and providing input on solutions and tech review documents. Ensure appropriate teams are included.
- Assist business units to better conceptualize their projects and clearly state business requirements in required intake form
- Ability to translate highly abstract concepts and ideas into concrete email process improvements is required
- Clear and respectful communication skills required
- Develop and maintain project plans for complicated technical projects
- Work with key stake holders on project status
- Share ongoing project updates with project stakeholders
- Leverage formal project management best practices (documentation and meetings)
- Manage project board on OneDrive ensuring accurate delivery dates, current status and next steps are stated as well as capturing the most recent meeting notes
- Liaison with business stakeholders, internal teams, and external vendor on assigned projects such as:
- Update and leverage new API calls
- Ensure Platform data is correctly syncing and performing as expected
- Data integrity project to improve web services
- Work directly with Salesforce Marketing Cloud Platinum Support on platform issues, automation errors and improvements
- Research issues with email addresses – verification that address is deliverable, not suppressed, not deactivated, then fixing the issue and finally reporting back to the stakeholders
- Assist in research when business units feel there may be an issue including issue validation, requirements documentation for fix and clear communication with technical resources to make the fix
- Ability to quickly grasp complicated technical material and synthesize into required actions
- 10+ or more years of related experience (campaign development, channel management, project management); or an equivalent combination of related training and experience.
- Strong digital marketing experience, including experience with leading Email Service Providers and workflow management tools.
- Prior successful experience in email channel management and leading programs with demonstrated business results.
- Excellent written, verbal, visual/presentation and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to successfully present ideas to senior executives.
- Self-directed, results oriented, high performer able to work in an environment of change and uncertainty with sound judgement under pressure.
- Action-oriented with proven analytical ability and strategic business and product development/management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional matrixed project teams toward common goals and strategic objectives whole fostering strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively with people, to gain internal respect and build consensus with superiors and peers in order to have successful allies in business environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to remaining on the forefront of emerging technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Marketing, Engineering or equivalent preferred