• Create and lead cross functional Technical Teams through the Stage Gate process from Feasibility to Launch
• Communication conduit between the R&D cross functional Technical Team and the Business Team
• Understand the key technical characteristics and general business implications of the broad range of products, process, and packaging technologies used.
• Positively influence at all levels, within and outside the organization.
• Develop effective working relationships to gain matrix resources to support group's initiatives.
• Create and manage a cross-functional project plan to successfully deliver new product/process/package innovation, globally.
• Facilitate the definition of scope, project goals, and success criteria
• Perform deep risk analysis for complex projects, resulting in risk registers, mitigation strategies, and communication plans
• Clearly communicate project status, risks, and scope creep with impact to all stakeholders on a regular basis
• Develop, manage, and communicate project budgets, timelines, and resource needs
The successful candidate will be experienced in the consumer goods industry and demonstrate the following skills:
• Highly effective organization, negotiation, coordination, and presentation skills
• Ability to communicate effectively over the phone, online, and in person, across multiple cultures.
• Ability to function effectively in stressful, fast-paced situations, with the personal leadership to influence and positively motivate self and peers.
• Meeting facilitation skills
• Experience writing scope statements
• Strong understanding of linking research to business opportunity
• Leadership: Ability to lead and motivate multi-faceted teams
• Team Work: Ability to manage multiple priorities, think on their feet, and execute with speed
• Initiative and follow through : Independent decision maker in a fast paced and demanding environment
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree of Science
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience overall
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in project management and PM tools (FMEA, RACI, Microsoft Project, Stage Gate, etc.)
• Experience in a consumer products research & development function a plus
• Background in development and commercialization of new products strongly desired.
• Familiarity with PMI methodology preferred
• Project Management Professional Certified (PMP) is strongly desired
• Six Sigma Knowledge/experience a plus
• Willing to travel globally
• Multi-lingual skills a plus
Demonstrated Personal Traits:
• High energy
• Strategic thinker
• Team player (good interpersonal skills, able to inspire/lead others)
• Positive, "can do" attitude
• Excellent communication skills
• Process discipline
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs