***A background in Broadcast Production, Production Operations, or Content Distribution
The DC2 Project requires Project Management Staff to ensure Technology is implemented in accordance to established timelines. As such, the Technology PMO requires Project Management Consultants to augment existing staff.
Technology PMO the Project Manager is responsible for managing large-scale, complex initiatives from initiation through closure. These initiatives usually involve the coordination of technology activities; however the scope of responsibilities includes non-technical tasks such as user training, business process reengineering and organizational change. This role requires a wide range of leadership competencies, technical (PM) experience and communications skills. This position will be responsible for managing projects that involve various ESPN information and media infrastructure systems. Because of the range of project contexts and requirements, and because of ESPN’s emphasis on flexibility and efficiency, this position will be responsible for adapting core project management principles and processes to best fit a project’s particular circumstances. Those core principles include the development of the scope of work and the management of time, cost, risk, and communications.
The Project Manager will work to design and implement a Production Control Room in the DC2. They will be facilitating the full life cycle of this project from gathering requirements to procurement of materials.
• Manages all aspects of Project and small Programs, regardless of type, from Initiation through Closure, requiring little direction
• Plans, coordinates and directs all activities associated with developing project plans, communication plans, project schedules, etc. by adapting PM fundamentals to best support a particular project
• Responsible for team dynamics, morale and motivation
• Builds a team where all members and points of view are respected
• Is responsible for the overall performance of the team
• Develops and maintains project plans
• Lead Project Teams through identifying and managing risk and the resolution of issues
• Accountable for delivering ‘quality’ solutions that provide desired business benefits and/or solve business problems - ‘on-time’ & within budget
• Able to quickly solve complex problems in a challenging, dynamic environment with minimal direction
• Frequently communicates with business and technical middle management, project team and stakeholders
• Effectively communicates complex and/or difficult information to both technical and non technical audiences, including Executives
• Communicates to convince and influence key decision-makers / stakeholders in a manner that best serves the client