Job Title: Product Operations Assistant - Technical
Target Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 1 year
Work Location San Francisco, CA 94105
Work Schedule: Mon - Fri
Hours per Week: 40 hrs/wk
Hiring a digital/website production, project/content management talent with technical/troubleshooting skills to maintain daily site operations and troubleshooting for global websites; managing special projects. Supports the development & optimization of all aspects of the seasonal product pipeline by division & market. This includes defining & refining processes & procedures for delivering product to the site while driving flawless execution across teams and standing for operational excellence. Acts as an advocate within the brand for operational effectiveness. Is the brand POC for severity tracking & resolution, partnering with technical teams to define site & tool enhancements. Builds strong relationships with functional leads to drive change to business process within their teams. Partner with the Marketing Delivery Producers as a subject matter expert in our tools to ensure product & category sort readiness in support of major marketing campaigns.
• Drive operational excellence throughout product set up milestones in partnership with IM and Merchant leads for timely & flawless execution.
• Continually assess cross-functional business processes for effectiveness and improvement. Work with management to drive change across teams.
• Serve as brand Project Manager to deploy website and tool enhancements and/or bug fixes. Work with Product management to define business requirements as well as develop and execute effective training.
• Develop communication, training, and processes related to future functional enhancements and releases to the site.
• Brand POC for implementation of Omni-channel enhancements.
• Support Sr. Producers in implementation of special projects, e.g. Outlet, Reviews 2.0, Product Recommendations, etc.
• Partner with members of functional teams including Planning, Merchandising, Photo Studio, Marketing, Web Content Development, Product Management and IT for driving operational excellence throughout the organization.
• Drive results as first line of support for cross-functional teams when website and tool issues occur. When needed, work with IT Service Level Management and other IT partners to facilitate resolution and communicate updates to brand teams.
• Escalate to senior management as needed.
• Facilitate the development and execution of special projects, policies, systems and training.
• Demonstrated ability to influence and facilitate project work among cross-functional and cross-branded teams.
• Technical acumen to act as a liaison between business and technical resources for troubleshooting and driving for root cause resolution.
• Highly process-oriented with superior skills in defining operational processes for a project, team and broader organization.
• Strong knowledge of web production and e-commerce release processes, including direct experience with website tools and technologies.
• Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills to effectively work with all levels of the organization.
• Self-motivated and driven. Ability to work well independently and within a group setting. • Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• 3 years of detailed task planning and execution experience
• 2 years of online experience
Describe the project they will be working on: Maintaining daily site operations and troubleshooting for global websites; managing special projects
Size of the Team: 5
What are the Top 3-5 Skills needed to perform this role/job?:
1. Proactive approach to troubleshooting and gathering resources to drive timely solutions
2. Technical aptitude and ability to learn new tools/software quickly
3. Excellent communication skills to distill complex technical information to a non-technical audience
Additional Desired Skills: eCommerce experience in a similar Operations role with troubleshooting experience and able to articulate their technical capabilities in their previous roles
Type of background you are looking for (education, # yrs experience, etc.): digital/website production, project/content management, technical/troubleshooting
Software skills required: Microsoft Office, Box, familiarity with content management and project management tools
Any traits that would make a candidate NOT a good fit for the role/what you DON’T want to see on resume?: Unable to sort through competing priorities, not able to take ownership of projects, not a good culture fit personality-wise, not able to articulate their technical skill-sets
What does a typical day look like for this contractor?: Act as first line of support for website and tools issues, works closely with IT partners for escalation; synthesize ongoing issues and provide status and next steps to broader teams; liaise with IT and Product Management teams as brand’s project manager to deploy website and tool enhancements/bug fixes; document new processes and learnings; partners with cross-functional teams to drive operational effectiveness