We are looking for a Technical Change Management Program Manager who will be responsible for supporting the change management activities within the Hardware Manufacturing organization. This role will include a mix of hands-on project management and engineering problem solving to support quality and cost-driven improvements. The interface with occur across international manufacturing, Repair Centers and internal cross-functional departments which will require a flexible work schedule across multiple time zones. This includes coordination with our China team which will require some evening conference calls. This person will also be responsible for managing our TFS projects used by our team to track Failure Analysis and Corrective Action items. A successful candidate will be able make updates to the project templates, manage user admin and permissions, and troubleshoot issues if required.
This candidate will be responsible for owning and running the Manufacturing Change Review Board (MCRB) for our Hardware product(s).
The MCRB PM will:
- Triage new change requests;
- Coordinate with functional areas to determine ROI, feasibility, and desirability of changes;
- Ensure implementation requirements and timelines are set and met.
- Drive changes to completion
Responsibilities will also include:
- Assist in the creation, maintenance and release of documents that instruct the manufacturing and repair sites how to perform key and critical processes
- Coordinating BOM updates and change reviews
- Work with domestic and virtual teams in different time zones and assist in the compilation of status updates
- Assist in the coordination of meetings with technical staff at manufacturing and repair sites and maintain action item logs resulting from the meetings and the follow up of those action items
- Assist in managing worldwide Product Engineering and Quality initiatives and projects.
- Triage, Manage, prioritize & implement TFS change requests within backlog
Day to Day
Have requests from different teams to implement changes. They make sure the request meets the criteria needed, understand what changes are needed. Communicate the changes to the teams involved. Understand the testing and changes and set-up the plan. The follow the right process and procedures needed and keep everyone in the loop. They follow the change from cradle to grave thru the process until the manufacturing is fully validated and implemented by the manufacturing company in China. Daily schedule is – M-F (40hrs/week) with some calls in the evening required as most of manufacturing is done in China. 2 to 3 calls per night with China/week. Calls average 1-2hrs and you can take calls from home.
- 5-7 years of Technical Product/Program Management experience
- Should be able to run a change review board, has done this in the past. Managed Change control (Ideally in manufacturing).
- Experience modifying TFS templates and managing a TFS system.
- Core PM Skills, Really great organizational and task management skills. To be good at communicating progress to stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio).
- Knowledge working with SharePoint to share information and manage documents
- Developing best practices (standard reporting, documentation, etc.)
- Effective program coordination skills and the ability to implement and monitor basic projects and plans.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to understand the appropriate processes to accomplish all tasks related to departmental needs.
- Excellent communication skills are required with the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms.
- Experience working in high ambiguity situations
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience and/or understanding of a system manufacturing environment is a plus
- Experience and/or understanding of hardware manufacturing/factory environment is a plus.
- Experience managing a Manufacturing Change Review process