Specifically, the TPM partners with a business unit product manager in the design, development and implementation of digital learning solutions. The TPM and business product manager co-facilitate Agile development team(s) and are responsible for driving the successful delivery of new products and new product versions. The TPM is responsible for helping the team to define, manage, and implement innovative digital products and product lines that are uniquely responsive to both market demands and the needs of students, instructors and higher education institutions.
The TPM acts as the conscience of the product and the steward of the Agile team(s).
• Draft MRDs, PRDs, Agile epics and stories, with prioritized features and specifications
• Partner with PMO and Engineering Leadership to ensure a manageable scope that can be delivered on-time, on-budget, on-quality
• Partner with the business product manager(s) to develop a vision, strategy and feature backlog for digital product(s)
• Develop a shared vision for product(s) through investigation of market demands, user feedback, and competitive analysis. In partnership with the business unit, gather and prioritize product and customer requirements
• Collaborate with other teams within MHE to ensure sharing and integration of best product features and practices across the organization, cohesion across all product lines and coherence of product strategy
• Track competitive and technological landscape, keeping abreast of new innovations and developments in the market space
• Partner with PMO and Finance in budgeting and planning
• Partner with Architecture and Engineering to ensure effective utilization of resources
• Partner with the business units around knowledge transfer and training on new product features
• Partner with functional managers to ensure the continued professional development of team-members
• Bachelor's degree; Master's degree preferred
• 3-5 years of experience leading Agile-based, digital product development teams. Agile Scrum certified preferred.
• Demonstrated success defining and launching complex products, preferably with SaaS
• Demonstrated ability to lead user driven design processes with a strong focus on user experience.
• Proven success at influencing and collaborating across teams of technologists, designers and client-facing staff
• Strong writing, oral presentation and project management skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, think-on-your-feet business environment
• Demonstrated ability to enter new situation and effect change
• Ability to lead and manage simultaneous projects
• Deadline-conscious, results-driven, and high-performing in a high-intensity environment
• Willingness to travel up to 30%