The right candidate will be responsible for supporting the sustaining activities within the Product Engineering and Factory Quality Organization. Support sites include factories and repair centers that produce and repair hardware products. This role will include a mix of hands-on project management and engineering problem solving to support quality and cost driven improvements. The interface will occur across international manufacturing, Repair Centers and internal cross-functional departments which will require you to manage a flexible work schedule.
As a Sustaining PM, you are responsible to drive continuous improvements in the product sustaining phase. You will work directly with the product development teams and the Manufacturing & Supply Chain organization. Collaboration, strong engineering and analytical abilities, and problem resolution are critical to manage projects.
It’s your responsibility to learn the sustaining process, develop tools that improve communication, provide manufacturing experience and guide the team to deliver a high quality, high yielding hardware product at the right cost. You must have demonstrated strong program management skills, excellent written and oral communication, and ability to handle multiple work streams, history influencing products, and sustaining products in mass production at our Asia factories.
Responsibilities will include:
- Program manage sustaining component, test, process and design qualifications from the identify to implementation
- Analysis of performance metrics for manufacturing
- Ability to perform ROI analysis to determine the feasibility of projects
- Assist in the creation, maintenance and release of documents that instruct the manufacturing and repair sites how to perform key and critical processes
- Be familiar with BOM update and change reviews
- Work with domestic and virtual teams in different time zones and assist in the compilation of status updates
- Assist in the coordination of meetings with technical staff at manufacturing and repair sites and maintain action item logs resulting from the meetings and the follow up of those action items
- Assist in managing worldwide Product Engineering and Quality initiatives and projects.
- Track and report out project status
- 3-5 years experience with program management
- Need to be very familiar and have experience with Root Cause Analyst, Failure Analysis, etc.
- Manufacturing/Factory experience with quality, process, PM, etc.
- Hardware Manufacturing experience
- BS degree in an Engineering Discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Material Science desired)
- Understanding of FI/FA (Fault Isolation / Failure Analysis) methodology
- Experience and/or understanding of a system manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Familiarity with proprietary MS Business applications (Team Foundation Server) and OnePDM (or any ERP system)
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio).
- Knowledge working with SharePoint to share information and manage documents
- Developing best practices (standard reporting, documentation, etc.)
- Effective program coordination skills and the ability to implement and monitor basic projects and plans.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to understand the appropriate processes to accomplish all tasks related to departmental needs.
- Excellent communication skills are required with the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms.
- Experience working in high ambiguity situations
- Enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven
- Assertiveness and prioritization skills