This role works with Managers at this global tech org and other trainers to identify specific business needs and to propose training solutions. After assisting the needs of target audiences, you will be designing, developing, writing and maintaining course materials (i.e. slides, handouts, courseware, lab instructions, lab solutions) for courses that emphasize the tasks necessary. This team works with the engineers, and technicians that work at the data centers globally, an audience of less than 2000 people. This program is focused on leadership development and the focus of the training is for managers. You will work closely with the training manager to define and disseminate best practices for the trainer's area of expertise in both classroom training and online forums. We are looking for experience working with subject matter experts (SMEs) and external technical trainers to present or incorporate their expertise into various types of training, as well as experience researching technology related information.
- 3-5 years work related experience required.
- Experience in instructional design, including needs, learner, context, and task analyses.
- Experience in developing learning-centered, performance based learning programs for many different audiences in different environments.
- Broad experience developing learning programs for classroom and e-learning delivery.
- Extensive experience in technical communications (writing and editing).
- Experience working with clients, subject matter experts, and development team members to create learning programs that fit client needs.
- MS Office experience required.
- May require experience in multimedia tools (e.g. Flash) to create e-learning solutions.
- May require knowledge or experience with one or more major technologies such as database design and development, networking, client server applications, security, multimedia, etc.
- Must have strong communication skills, initiative and independence researching course needs of the target audience.
- Strong customer service orientation required.
- Strong knowledge of instructional design methodologies preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and Master's or other formal education in Instructional Design preferred.