This position will work with managers and other trainers to identify specific business needs and to propose training solutions. The role will assess the needs of target audiences, design, develop, write, and maintain course materials (i.e. slides, handouts, course ware, lab instructions, lab solutions) for courses that emphasize the tasks necessary to perform duties. The role will work closely with the training manager to define and disseminate best practices for the trainer's area of expertise in both classroom training and online forums.
About the team: This role is part of a steady and growing group at this tech behemoth, and will focus on training at the data centers. This team has a lot of great organization and growth, and is a very motivated group of people!
Education opportunities: Data center is a pretty new role for instructional designers. Need to have some background working with a vocational audience.
*Once the position is established, there will be an opportunity to work remote part-time!
Skills and Requirements:
- 3-5 years work related experience required
- Experience working with subject matter experts (SMEs) and external technical trainers to present or incorporate their expertise into various types of training.
- Experience researching technology related information.
- Experience maintaining awareness of external seminars and training plus literature on available programs.
- Experience in instructional design, including needs, learner, context, and task analyses.
- Experience in developing learning-centered, performance based learning programs for many different audiences in different environments.
- Broad experience developing learning programs for classroom and e-learning delivery.
- Extensive experience in technical communications (writing and editing).
- Experience working with clients, subject matter experts, and development team members to create learning programs that fit client needs.
- MS Office experience required.
- May require experience in multimedia tools to create e-learning solutions.
- May require knowledge or experience with one or more major technologies such as database design and development, networking, client server applications, security, multimedia, etc.
- Must have strong communication skills, initiative and independence researching course needs of the target audience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field and Master's or other formal education in Instructional Design preferred.