The content editor maintains our high editorial standards on customer-focused content, including game console user interface and hardware print manuals. This position requires someone who understands editing in the consumer space, is enthusiastic about the end-to-end customer experience, and can maintain quality standards for a casual, entertainment-oriented voice and style.
• Edit the game console user interface text for grammar, terminology, word choice, consistency, tone, and flow.
• Edit hardware print manuals for grammar, clarity, and consistency.
• Contribute in the production and maintenance of print deliverables.
• Contribute in the development and maintenance of style guidelines and terminology.
• 3-5 years working on consumer-focused content.
• Experience working on user interface content.
• A good understanding of quality information design.
• Experience building effective cross-team partnerships and strong communication skills.
• Experience maintaining an editorial schedule for multiple projects.
• Enthusiasm, creativity, a commitment to the customer, and a desire to work on an innovative team.
• Knowledge of how to work effectively in HTML and XML environments.
• Experience using an XML editor such as XMetaL or similar.
• Experience working with Adobe Acrobat, Word, and Excel.
• Familiarity with Product Studio and Source Depot.
• Close familiarity with Company Style for Technical Communications.
3-5 years of work related experience is required. Demonstrated ability to oversee projects is required. Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously are required. Must have the ability to work closely with documentation managers, writers, production teams, program managers, and developers on issues affecting the quality of documentation. Must possess a strong understanding of the technology being documented or its equivalent. Knowledge of the editing requirements for a wide variety of documentation deliverables is required. Familiarity with HTML, XML, and XML authoring tools (e.g. XMetal). Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, English Literature, Journalism or related field is preferred.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs