As an editor on this team, you will support a team of 800 engineers (US & Intl) and work on case studies and code stories for our developer blog and decodedshow. There are 2 flavors for the developer blog: code stories and data science stories.
More about the group: This group focuses on emerging technologies! They do stuff that hasn’t been done before and then share it with the world!
- Edits for organization, content, technical accuracy, and style.
- Exercises good judgment in assessing the level of edit a piece of documentation requires at every stage of the process.
- Edits multiple pieces at various levels of development.
- Creates an internal style guide and word lists for group use.
- Follows corporate legal guidelines to create accurate copyright pages and checks the Copy Editor's legal edits.
- Determines schedule and work flow for the team, as needed.
- Develops and executes internal and external review processes of documentation as needed.
- Reviews corporate style guide for accuracy, as needed.
- Ensures that the overall documentation set is comprehensive and meets the requirements of users, as well as requirements set by product marketing, testing, and program management.
- Gathers multiple sources of content into a cohesive document.
- 3-5 years Technical Documentation/Editing experience
- Experience writing for a developer audience to the level of self-directing
- Need to be code savvy – (i.e. you have written code before). Passion for technology.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee projects.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Have good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate and collaborate with a team.
- Must have the ability to work closely with documentation managers, writers, production teams, program managers, and developers on issues affecting the quality of documentation.
- Must possess a strong understanding of the technology being documented or its equivalent.
- Knowledge of the editing requirements for a wide variety of documentation deliverables.
- Familiarity with HTML, XML, and XML authoring tools (e.g. XMetal).
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Communications, English Literature, Journalism or related field is preferred.