Our Internet of Things client is searching for a Technical Editor to review, write, edit, and release specifications and other content deliverables that define the next generation of their product. Internally, the writer will collaborate with the rest of the Technical Publications team to ensure adherence to corporate style and terminology, and solicit feedback and reviews from key stakeholders across the organization.
Role and responsibilities:
• Integrate specification and test specification errata
• Edit and standardize content drafted by both SME contributors and fellow technical writers
• Write and release content in support of new product features.
• Ensure standardization of the clients specifications and other client content via the Technical Publications Style Guide
Skills and Experience
• 1-3 years’ experience writing and editing technical content for a technical audience
• Excellent grammar and proofreading skills, meticulous attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with subject matter experts
• Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Acrobat Professional knowledge strongly preferred
• 1-3 years’ experience producing content in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Visio
• Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communication, English, or equivalent experience