Our Consumer Content Team seeks a talented and creative editor who can represent the voice of our products and who is excited about the potential for devices and technology to improve and enrich people’s lives.
This editing role is a critical component of the team that creates the core experiences on our devices and in our online platforms. You’ll have an eye for details and an ear for how a consumer device should speak to its user. You’ll edit engaging content on our websites and in other content delivery systems that helps people discover our products, use them confidently, and learn about new things that they didn’t know they could do.
• Provide editorial support for all consumer content, and ensure the content is consistent across a large content set and reflects the overall design and voice principles for our products.
• Some writing responsibilities, working with our Support and Engineering teams to write, update, and edit general troubleshooting content and content for updating, upgrading, and activations.
• Contribute in the development and maintenance of style guidelines and terminology.
• Protect the overall voice for the products.
• 3-5 years editing consumer web content.
• Effective problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work without supervision across multiple teams and disciplines.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Comfortable using several different authoring tools in various stages of development and stability.
• Comfortable juggling different schedules and managing different processes across projects.
• Quick learner.
• Knowledge of how to work effectively in HTML and XML environments.
• Experience using an XML editor, as well as navigating easily between different proprietary authoring and content management systems.
• Experience working with Word and Excel.
• Familiarity with Visual Studio Team Services (VSO/TFS).
• Close familiarity with voice and style guidelines used at the Software Giant located in Redmond, WA
Candidates should submit a resume and writing/editing samples.