To partner with Design, Product Development, Raw Material, Product Performance, Production & Sourcing, Merchants and Vendors, taking responsibility for the technical development of new styles, fit approvals and application of all quality standards relating to fit and construction.
May support Block development in your product category.
• Provide support to Regional Technical Design teams during all pre-production and development activities.
• Support Director, Technical Design in training and calibration as required.
• Partner with Design and Cross-functional partners from initial development to final fit approval including overall alignment around fabric, garment construction, fit-for-purpose, risk assessment, product aesthetics and cost.
• Develop and initiate product technical specification packages to communicate requirements to achieve Design aesthetic, fit and construction.
• Partner with Cross-functional teams to align on product performance standards as it pertains to brand integrity.
• Participate in problem-solving with partners to ensure deadlines and standards are met.
• Approve and/or reject Top of Production submissions in accordance with established standards as necessary to manage vendor execution.
• Act as a positive, supportive, partner, consistently demonstrating our shared values and high standards.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion or equivalent work experience.
• Practical experience in patternmaking, grading and garment construction for bulk production.
• 5 + years technical experience, gained while working within the clothing or intimate apparel industry.
• 5 + years experience using a computer specification package, Flex PLM or Web PDM.
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and familiar with Adobe Illustrator or similar computer- aided sketching program.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs