START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 1 YEAR
LOCATION: NEW YORK, NEW YORK
**A fortune 500 fashion company is looking for a Technical Designer to join their team!**
Support Technical designer on technical development of new styles and application of all quality standards relating to fit and construction. Work closely with cross-functional teams of Design, Production, Merchant Partners, and Vendors. Learn the fundamentals of fit and construction for products though increased job responsibilities and daily mentoring with team as needed.
• Communicate effectively and timely thru emails and conference calls with regional offices and vendors.
• Participate in global training and calibration sessions.
• Observe design intent meetings to understand correct interpretation of style aesthetics.
• Assist in development of product technical specification packages to communicate requirements for fit, construction and design aesthetics with direction from Technical Designer or Manager.
• Prepare samples for fit, take fit notes during team fits and assist Technical Designer with final fit notes and photos.
• Learn and assist in work related to fit, quality standards, manufacturer’s capabilities and cost specifications.
• Responsible for tracking fit samples, time and action calendars during the pre-production process.
• Act as a positive, supportive partner, consistently demonstrating our shared values and high standards.
• A technical education in garment fit and construction to degree level or equivalent work experience.
• Internship or other Technical experience, gained while working within either the clothing industry, or in a retail environment preferred.
• An understanding of and preferably experience using a product development technical specification program a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Exposure to Adobe Illustrator or similar computer-aided sketching program is a plus.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs