At Aquent's client, this assignment will have the following responsibilities:
- Reviews drafted technical communication and documentation copy from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from technology-based teams and provide copy writing, editing, and proof-reading services. All drafts will be either placed on intranet and or in internal emails.
- Ensures clarity, accuracy, alignment with the Chicago Manual of Style, and that the correct “voice” permeates throughout all messaging so that technical and non-technical audience members quickly understand it.
- Regularly engages with local team and various business partners ensuring work is being performed consistently, efficiently and with scalability in mind.
- Writes technical documentation for internal applications.
- Organizes documentation in a logical and cohesive framework so that it may be easily used and be maintained.
- May partner with various departments to ensure a solid understanding of the topic being written.
5-7 years professional experience with using a Mac
4-6 years professional experience with technical or creative writing
3-5 years professional experience with:
- copy editing
- writing and modifying HTML
- navigating a content management solution
- writing technical content for web and iOS platforms (Mac-based content preferred)
- Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style
- Experience with working as part of a global team
- Strong project management skills
Necessary Other Skills:
- Organized, approachable, detail-oriented
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and keen business acumen
- Ability to synthesize technical information and from it, craft clear written direction for a wide range of technical and non-technical users
- Ability to manage time to meet tight deadlines for planned yet remain flexible and composed for unplanned work
- Ability to recommend communication plan to achieve an application’s goals
- Quick learner; doesn’t require hand-holding; is a team-player
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of CSS
- Image manipulation skills
- Marketing background and experience