Are you a Technical Artist looking to join a creative team specifically built to define the next generation of VR/AR experience? Our group is chartered to create differentiated experiences for our platforms and explore the potential of the larger playground that empowers our customers. Our aspirations are simple - we want to positively impact the world of Entertainment and Enterprise, improve people's lives, and delight our customers.
We are seeking a Technical Artist who wants to live at the intersection of technology and art, with the aesthetic skills to understand what needs to happen, and the technical skills to make it so. The Technical Artist's job is enabling artists to work more creatively and efficiently.
• You will execute the artistic vision of the project and applying their experience directly to the creation of solid user driven workflows, automation tools, content pipelines, and asset management that are vital for the team to deliver highest quality industry content
• Additionally, you will work in multiple areas of the art department and understand the needs of each unique area
• You will be responsible for identifying, implementing or inventing the correct technical approach to be able to render the Art Director's vision on target
• We are looking for a teammate who will be positive and creative force in the group
• You will closely collaborate with and seek feedback from peers and leads
• You will actively share information with the technical art staff across the organization to improve the craft and accelerate growth
• Provide unique solutions to improve the creative process in a collaborative environment
• You will support the content creation teams with tools, workflow, and pipelines to aid generation and implementation
• You will guide creation of smooth pipeline from outsourcers to game engine
• You will create task lists & estimates as well as documentation for the Art Team
• As part of the team, you are responsible for meeting project deadlines and goals
Pre-requisite Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and collaboration skills across multiple disciplines - this role works with developers, designers, and artists
• Agile, flexible, and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of incubation work
• Collaborative and self-motivated; able to both partner effectively with others while also making smart, strategic decisions and working independently
• Passion for games, technology, and amazing user experiences
• A fundamental understanding of digital art processes and production -How do artists work? How can we make their lives easier and unleash their creative potential?
• High capacity to learn new tools and process
• 2+ years as professional technical artist or equivalent experience
• Deep understanding of the technical requirements of real-time content development for both current-gen and mobile platforms- able to devise the highest visual quality solutions within aggressive performance constraints and working knowledge of performance analysis tools
• Proficient with various professional 3D software packages for asset content production (ex: 3DSMax, Maya, Houdini, Modo, Motion Builder, Zbrush, Mudbox, Photoshop, etc.)
• Working knowledge with 3D Asset modeling and UV creation as well as Character rigging
• Coding, workflow tools and script authoring experience that has reduced the cost of in-house or outsourced content production and pushed creative iteration
• Experience with coding optimized HLSL shaders for high end consoles
• In depth knowledge of software and real-time lighting and texturing techniques
• Expertise with the Unity game engine
• Virtual or Augmented Reality development experience a plus
• Experience with middleware content pipelines a plus.
• High school diploma or GED at a minimum required.
• AA/BFA preferred, or at least can demonstrate through portfolio an industry standard level of art, communication skills and professional maturity.
• A full resume with samples is required to be considered for this position.
• Portfolio review required.