This is an exciting opportunity to work on cutting edge tech as we are working on a new medium with very interesting and innovative partners to prove out a concept and make cool compelling experiences from it! In this role you be modeling/texturing/lighting & shading for holographic video applications; your portfolio should show experience with technical tools you have created (scripting/programming); texturing; mapping; from photo realistic to synthetic or CG/gaming; have to have some photographic/photorealism experience, may also need to do CG or synthetic work as well
This is a Technical Artist Role working on the Holographic Video team; we create experiences for use in holographic video including modeling, texturing, mapping, lighting/shading under the direction of a Creative Director. On our team you will also collaborate with content partners to achieve their creative vision, may assist with effects and animation of models, may assist with asset organization and management, may assist with the creation of conceptual art work. Some scripting or coding experience highly beneficial.
- 5 plus years of relevant experience
- Unity experience is required (created assets that run-in Unity)
- Maya (will consider 3DsMax) also prefer experience with Photoshop. Some intermediate Python preferred. C# and or C++ nice to have.
- Gaming asset production highly preferred: has worked in gaming or is a high-level player aware of runtime asset requirements (Shaders, low polygon modeling.)
- You are about 60% technical and 40% artist – confident as an artist but can also use code to solve artistic problems
- Experience with shipped titles a strong plus.
- Shipped games in Unity, creating characters and/or environments for runtime
- Wrote Unity shaders and/or behaviors to create custom interactive behaviors
- Wrote scripts or plugins for Maya or 3DSMax; for example, a previous tech artist wrote a simple visualization tool in C++ and 3DSMax that helped the stage team