• Work closely with Animators to develop character rigs with a logical and easy to use control structure.
• Adjust skin weights according to animation needs within tight deadlines
• Script MEL and/or Python tools for artists
• Help Establish polygon/texture budgets for in-game assets
• Create proof-of-concept files for game art and effects
• Effectively and productively communicate with leads, engineers, artists, designers and managers
• Support art team by diagnosing blockers and developing solutions to improve our production pipeline.
• Research and develop new art tools, processes, and technologies
• 3+ years of experience as a Technical Artist
• Excellent knowledge of Maya, with a strong understanding of the dependency graph, utility nodes, and the use of expressions.
• Strong understanding of animation and modeling workflows
• Solid comprehension of human and animal form and bio-mechanics.
• Experience skinning (weighting) 3D bipeds and quadrupeds
• Working knowledge of Unity game engine
• Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas clearly
• Self-motivated and able to troubleshoot technical challenges
• Experience working with or building shaders is a plus.
• Good people skills and the ability to collaborate well in a team environment
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Gra
Additional Information Ideal candidate:
1) Will be able to perform what's in the responsibilities section of the req. 2) Must also have 2+ years of character rigging for game animation experience. 3) Must be able to animate faces. Portfolio or reel required with submission.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs