This role involves supporting the art team by creating pipelines and assets to achieve high quality animated game content, especially characters, for our games.
- Maintain a high, consistent quality bar on animation assets in cinematics and in-game content.
- Ingest and drive character motion capture from delivery through pipeline and into game.
- Work with tech artists and developers to shepherd characters and other animations through the pipeline into the game.
- Basic rigging and animation ability to tweak and update content on assets.
- Update and simplify the animation pipeline through tools recommendations or hands-on scripting.
- Monitor the impact of in-game animations on performance and work with the team to solve issues.
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or similar
- 2+ years in technical animator position or similar
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- In-depth industry knowledge of character and animation pipelines including motion capture
- Strong knowledge of one or more major 3D animation packages, 3D Studio Max and MotionBuilder preferred.
- Experience with ZBrush or MudBox for character creation
- Experience working with outsourcing studios
- Ability to create rigs and script a plus
- Experience with Granny 3D animation system a plus