Our client, a AAA Game Studio based out of Redmond, WA, is seeking a Technical Animator to join their team for a new project. This role involves supporting the art team by creating pipelines and assets to achieve high quality animated game content, especially characters, for our client’s games.
• Maintain a high, consistent quality bar on animation assets in cinematics and in-game content.
• Ingest and drive character motion capture from delivery through pipeline and into game.
• Work with tech artists and developers to shepherd characters and other animations through the pipeline into the game.
• Basic rigging and animation ability to tweak and update content on assets.
• Update and simplify the animation pipeline through tools recommendations or hands-on scripting.
• Monitor the impact of in-game animations on performance and work with the team to solve issues.
• BA or BFA in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or similar
• 2+ years in technical animator position or similar
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• In-depth industry knowledge of character and animation pipelines including motion capture
• Strong knowledge of one or more major 3D animation packages, 3D Studio Max and MotionBuilder preferred.
• Experience with ZBrush or MudBox for character creation
• Experience working with outsourcing studios
• Ability to create rigs and script a plus
• Experience with Granny 3D animation system a plus