• You independently run the medium to large, complex technical projects, or assist in the management of these projects.
• You coordinate work performed by development staff and internal customers and/or partners, including defining project requirements, performing feasibility and needs and/or impact assessments.
• You develop detailed project plans and manage all implementation processes, including resource allocation, progress tracking, monitoring change control process, testing, documentation, training, and on-time delivery within budget constraints.
• You run the agile development process in conjunction with several internal stakeholders and the development team.
• You ensure project portfolio data and key attributes, e.g. estimates, assignments, and tasks are current and relevant, including regular reporting to and sync-ups with internal product, portfolio, and engineering teams.
• You drive and communicate issues, deliverables, key project milestones across functional areas.
• You direct the activities of team members, including team members from a variety of functions.
• You effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required within the field of engineering or other technical related discipline.
• 5-7 years of Program Management (very large initiatives with multiple Project Managers) OR 6-10 years of Project Management experience.
• 3+ years of experience working in an agile development environment using one or more proven methodologies.
• Experience in software development preferred.
• Extensive experience managing multiple complex simultaneous projects involving cross-functional project teams within budgetary and schedule constraints.
• Excellent technical knowledge and an understanding of the product lifecycle.
• Great organizational skills and a high level of oral/written communication skills.
• Ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems.
• Ability to prioritize workload across multiple projects simultaneously and be comfortable
working in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to work with cross functional teams to deliver the implementation of new features
as well as resolve operational issues.
PMP certified preferred.
CSM certification preferred
• Project Execution: Oversee medium to large program related activities and is accountable for the success, execution, and final delivery of the program and work products.
• Manage Project Scope: Obtain senior management approval for the program by presenting the program scope. Oversee regular project status/quality meetings and reports.
• Address Program Issues: Keep management and key stakeholders well informed on a timely basis on project or program progress, status, and/or concerns for each assignment. Review project metrics and facilitate project scorecard development to ensure enterprise-wide program success.
• Program Communication: Develop program communication plans and demonstrates effective communication to the executive management team, project team(s), and stakeholders.
• Cultivate Relationships: Cultivate business partner and project team relationships and help manage expectations, providing excellent customer service. Establish alliances with other departments by recognizing dependencies in order to assess potential partnership and commitment to the program.
• Project Leadership: Provide vision, strategic leadership, governance and support to the Project Management Team through competent and professional services including guidance, coaching, and counseling.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs