We're looking for a dedicated Topics Specialist to manage the improvement and maintenance of the Feed Topic Taxonomy, as well as the various programs that rely on it. The specialist will become an expert in all matters related to the taxonomy, and will work with engineering/operations counterparts to identify and prioritize ways to improve the taxonomy.
The taxonomy was built by a large team of specialists, over the better part of a year, to support an old labeling program. That program has since ended, and the specialists have moved on to other teams, but the taxonomy is now supporting other programs. These new programs have slightly different requirements, and it's frequently necessary to modify the taxonomy to serve these requirements. The specialist will be responsible for executing these modifications.
- Plan & execute broad changes to the taxonomy (often requiring large batch edits to each individual topic in the taxonomy)
- Understand team priorities and use them to prioritize the most urgent work
- Based on feedback from eng/ops and from labelers, identify ways to improve the taxonomy
- Meet with eng/ops counterparts on a weekly basis to discuss progress, feedback, and plans
- Crystal clear communication (verbal & written)
- Obsession with detail
- Mastery of the English language
- Undergraduate degree required