The Taxonomist Consultant will provide essential subject matter expertise to develop and implement strategies, standards, and guidelines for taxonomies.The Taxonomist will drive for standardization of specifications and processes. The role will work across lines of business and departments.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Work with cross-functional, cross-business teams to govern the creation, implementation, and management of taxonomies, ontologies and controlled vocabularies using best practices, and to establish scalable workflows around their use.
· Work with engineering teams to vet and recommend new technologies that may enhance taxonomy management capabilities
· Work under the Director of UX for Content Metadata Enrichment to ensure that all taxonomies and related workflows and tools promote the enterprise metadata enrichment strategy
· Deliver documentation, advocacy, and hands-on training materials related to the development and use of taxonomies and related tools. Providing guidance and training to staff in tagging and keywording of content.
· Conduct audits and point to areas across the business that would benefit from further taxonomy development or management and suggest viable solutions
Applicants should be familiar with technologies and industry standards around taxonomy management.
The ideal candidate will be able to shift from detailed and technical conversations related to areas such as knowledge graphs to more strategic conversations such as the foundational importance of standardized controlled vocabularies.
This role will require the ability to adapt within a rapidly evolving organization, and applicant should be excited (rather than intimidated) about the notion of building collaboration against a backdrop of broad organizational (and industry) change.
· Undergraduate degree required; relevant graduate degree preferred.
· 5 years of experience in a role related to taxonomy/ontology management, preferably with experience in product development.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Able to work both on a team and independently to deliver results.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.