AQUENT is currently seeking qualified Tableau Data Visualization Developers for a client in Chandler, AZ.
Unfortunately, no corp to corp arrangements or F1 Visas are permitted at this time.
This position REQUIRES candidates with artistic talent with regards to creating data visualizations in addition to a standard Data/Business Intelligence development background. The successful candidate will possess experience using innovative data visualization and analysis tools, such as Tableau or Microsoft PowerBI to produce insightful and attractive dashboards and data visualizations to highlight key business information allowing for faster more informed decisions. You will leverage your expertise to advise your fellow team members as you participate in strategic projects furthering the evolution of our visual analytics capability; you will use this power to turn millions of bits of information from bits of information into simple and powerful stories and actionable insights. In addition we are looking for a candidate that can consult and advise on business intelligence best practices as well as the latest trends and technology being leveraged today across leading organizations.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Responsible for developing business requirements and translating business needs into moderately complex analyses and projects for a department or functional area.
- Designing and developing Tableau reports and dashboards including creating and tuning Tableau Data Extracts and maximizing performance through SQL performance tuning (analyze data models, data relationships, and dependencies).
- Suggesting best visualization choices and display based on industry best practices and ease of user adoption.
- Produce visuals and dashboards to convey the story inside the data
- Data analysis skills – ability to dig in and understand complex models and business processes.
- Compiles and mines data from multiple, cross business sources. Develops specific, customized reports and ad hoc analyses to make recommendations for alternatives.
- Conduct training for customers on built dashboards
- Keep a high level of communication with management on daily activities and escalate issues to management in an efficient and constructive fashion
- This position requires effective communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact and collaborate with other IT teams including application development, System Engineers, Architect, security & compliance and project management office as well as internal customers and external vendors
- A solid individual contributor, proven leader (assisting less advanced team members as well as managing an overall project life cycle), and cooperative team player
- Passion for data and data visualization creation
- SQL 2012/2014/16
- 5+ yrs of Tableau experience or 2+ yrs with Tableau Certification - Tableau Conference (TC) attendee - Microsoft Power BI experience/Certification
- SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, and writing stored procedures
- Experience using other solutions such as Qlikview, Power Pivot, Microstrategy, etc
- Development with reporting/statistical technologies (SSRS, R, SAS, etc.)
- Design and development of SSAS Cubes, MDX Queries (OLAP), Tabular Models