This position is responsible for managing the timely and accurate processing of all assigned sales orders activities. The candidate must be comfortable with reading legal agreements and must have strong analytical
skills to understand and translate contractual terms in TV distribution sales system. He/She must be a selfstarter and be able to make sound business/operational decisions independently to achieve the performance
expectations for the role. This individual will foster and develop internal business relationships with the following teams/departments including: Deal Management, Sales, Legal, Accounting, Finance, and
The ideal candidate will have exceptional analytical and problem solving skills and be adept at building relationships. The candidate must be able to handle proprietary information (such as legal agreements) to
support a rapidly changing media organization. Using strong communicating skills, this individual will effectively collaborate with a variety of teams with various job functions, with an ability to perform professionally in a challenging and fast-paced environment. The candidate is expected to produce insights into the business, its processes, systems, and will help drive initial conversations that can influence key
Strategic Operations values efficiency, teamwork and strong work-ethic. We have very high expectations of every team member. Although we expect an individual to work independently, we value
a true team environment and a collaborative approach. We strive to be the best in our field! If you are up for the challenge, we would love to know more about you and what you can contribute to our team.
PRIMARY STRATEGIC OPERATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the timely processing of contract initiation and validation/audit of terms in the workflow.
• Coordinate with Deal Management department to attain required information for initial customer and
• Able to assess and analyze complex distribution license agreement and translate legal terminology
into our salessystems.
• Create concise and accurate deal abstracts and publish to the Strategic Operations team as necessary.
• Work closely with various levels of management in the Strategic Operations department.
• Liaise with Deal Management and Enterprise Rights Management for license rights and distribution
• Identify system improvements and bugs for process enhancements to further increase efficiency.
• Will be the main point of contact + order set-up and compliance validation checks.
• Must be familiar with technological trends to evaluate method of transmission and rights that are
granted in contracts for entry.
• Run various ad hoc reports and one sheet summaries for Strategic Operations management.
• Provide coverage for additional territories/medias on an as needed basis.
• The position requires an extremely capable individual who is motivated, tactful and able to build
and maintain strong internal and externalrelationships.
• Ability to interpret and analyze complex licensing agreements.
• Highly organized, extremely detail oriented and require minimalsupervision.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to changes in priority and/or direction easily.
• Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Outlook, Visio, PPT with advanced Excel skills, with
knowledge of formulas, pivot tables and v-lookuprequired).
• A strong relationship builder with excellent customer service skills.
• Willingness to take initiative and to identify and develop new opportunities.
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
• Flexible and nimble with a commitment to getting the job done and going the extra mile.
• Experience working within a larger, multi-national organization.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in distribution or a related field.
• Bachelor degree required
• MBA and foreign language a plus (but not required)
• Passion and flair for the film and television industry.