TEXTILE DESIGNER (5787614)
START DATE: 08/05/2016
LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY
Our client is seeking a Designer who will work with the Art Director, design team and external vendors to create and design graphic layouts for promotional items including totes and accessories. The ideal candidate will have an exceptional eye for design and research the market for key trends & innovative ideas!
Are you a fashion fiend who is always on top of trends?
Do you have experience designing apparel and accessories?
Are you a pro at whipping up graphics for apparel?
Do you love working with CAD, sketching and using CS to execute design?
- Effectively interpret brand needs as outlined in creative briefs and translate them into compelling designs.
- Responsible for creating original concepts that encompass style, color and fabric or materials as a result of interpreting fashion trends.
-Collaborate with Art Director to ensure your designs are consistent with expectations and overall project goals.
-Responsible for technical specs to send to the factories.
-Daily direct communication with production partners.
-Own design process from CAD, spec, & production through approvals.
-Collaborate with design team to create and execute all products for division.
-Archive samples & references; track inspiration samples.
-Prepare presentation decks for internal meetings.
-Work within and help manage project schedules, deadlines, and recaps.
-Update and manage material/swatch library.
-Apply your deep understanding of illustration, construction and iconography for all projects.
-Design product using Illustrator. Working knowledge of illustrator, sketching and fashion.
-Work cross-functionally with marketing, product developers and concept departments, including involvement throughout the production process.
-Present concepts and design through all levels for approval process.
-Provide feedback and constructive criticism to other designers to assist in project development.
-Diffuse problems and put forward solutions that are in the best interest of the company, employees and customers.
-Manage samples, color & quality submissions through development process.
• Degree in the design field with 4-6 years related industry experience
• Detail oriented
• Knowledge of construction a must
• Strong technical drawing abilities; illustrator/photoshop proficiency
• Highly creative with a great sense of style
• Strong communication and problem solving skills and the ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrates a commitment to bringing in new sources of creative inspiration to your work and team and will be driven to enhance your creative and technical skills
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
TEXTILE DESIGNER (5787614)