My client is an international consultancy providing world-class local solutions in complex infrastructure, urban growth, energy, mining, and natural resource management. With a global presence spanning from UK, Ireland, the Netherlands, the United States, Canada, Brazil, Africa, the Middle East, Australia, and Asia-- their geographic spread and experience in these strategic locations means their on-the-ground staff have a strong understanding of the local environment and can be mobilised quickly to respond to client's needs.
The highly experienced Sydney office is now looking to hire a very key role to their dedicated team-- as their Studio Manager, you'll play a very critical role in having a positive contribution to the clients and projects they work with that are shaping Sydney and NSW.
**Open to this person working 3, 4, or 5 days a week as needed.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As the Studio Manager in their Sydney office, you will be responsible for workflow management, quality control and production for the creative team who work for clients in both Sydney & Melbourne. You must know how to organize people and tasks effectively and will be good at figuring out and implementing processes to achieve best results.
- Workflow/Traffic Managment: oversee efficent flow of work from account services and project managers (mainly internal clients) through to creative and production.
- This will include creating and managing project schedules, tracking & monitoring progress to ensure timely delivery of services
- Assign projects and manage resources
- Print & Production Management: provide centralized purchasing, delivery, scheduling and quality control (including press checks), negotiate with vendors and maintain good and professional relationships with all creative suppliers
- Quality Control- Ensure quality procedures are adhered to and that any work leaving studio is of the highest quality
- Implement and maintain systems for work review
- Assign Projects & Manage Resources- maintain and manage WIP including booking and managing contract temporary staff when required and inducting them in studio processes
- Project management of design and production projects including external client liaison
- Ability to negotiate in tough situations with al groups and settle differences, win concessions without damaging relationships and be both direct and diplomatic
YOU WILL POSSESS:
- Proven success as a career Studio Manager and previous studio management experience for a team of 5 or more
- Eagerness to view this role as an opportunity to manage and guide the team and implement your own efficient and proven successful process
- Excellent ability to identify opportunities for integration, simplifying complex processes and ability to multitask and prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Solid understanding of print and digital design with working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to project estimate and assist with pricing creative services for proposals and tender. Ensure estimates are followed through to invoicing
- If you have experience as a Creative Artworker for client projects (including layout and finished art)
- Confident directing traffic for a team of experienced designers and not afraid to hold their own working with a team that's experienced and not afraid to hold their own.
- Working for or having a consultancy background
- Agency or Client facing
If this sounds like you and you'd like to learn more about the role/client, please apply ASAP with an updated CV detailing relevant work experience and projects/clients/teams you've lead.
You can also e-mail me directly at email@example.com. Look forward to connecting!