Aquent has an immediate contract opportunity for a Strategic Analyst. The Strategic Foresight Analyst will provide analytical insights on key issues to support decision-making primarily in support of Marketing and Corporate initiatives. The candidate will assist decision-making through the collection, synthesis and analysis of data from a variety of sources and will provide actionable recommendations. Scope includes analysis of the global toy/game, video game, entertainment/media and lifestyle licensing categories. The Strategic Foresight Analyst will also have responsibility for tracking cultural and market trends and proactively sharing insights throughout the organization through a variety of communication vehicles.
Qualified candidates must have proven ability to think strategically, understand underlying trends, draw conclusions, and apply what has been learned to company’s business issues. Ability to communicate recommendations clearly and concisely is critical.
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
• Excellent analysis skills –both quantitative and qualitative-- a must
• Proven data gathering and analytical skills - experience with secondary data sources (NPD, Nielsen, IRI data).
• Ability to synthesize information from disparate sources, identify patterns, and draw meaningful conclusions.
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills (must be able to work under very tight timeframes)
• Must be extremely proficient with MS-Excel and Powerpoint
• MBA (or similar coursework) preferred
Experience in research/market analysis/consumer insights highly preferable along with previous experience with data tools/systems. We are looking for someone who is not only capable of working with data but is also able to make sound recommendations/conclusions based on that data.