• Lead planning and design development for retail stores which adhere to established design standards and guidelines.
• Lead planning and design development for typical/standard stores.
• Prepare floor plans, storefront elevations and renderings to support design solution
• Implement Brand matrices / guidelines.
• Respond quickly to changing business conditions, design prototypes, or material developments.
• Direct the activities of outside architects to execute design development and construction documents.
• Demonstrate appropriate level of business acumen while staying current on design trends and competitive patterning.
• Proficient sketching and rendering skills to communicate ideas.
• Adhere to design prototype standards and develops site-specific design solutions that are consistent with prototype design intentions.
• Ensure that the execution of assigned projects is in alignments with Brand strategy, project schedules and project budgets.
• Manage, direct, and partner with multiple outside architects and consultants on multiple projects.
• Review drawing sets for adherence to design standards and accuracy.
• Prepare presentation materials and make internal presentations to project partners and senior management. May also develop agenda or priorities for the presentations.
• Communicate effectively via verbal and drawing skills; understands and tailors presentations to the audience.
• Coordinate with internal and external partners to ensure design integrity is maintained during project permit and approval process.
• Negotiate directly with landlords.
• Partner with Purchasing or Design Team on issues related to vendors, sourcing, or project development.
• Review and approve shop drawings for design integrity and safety standards for assigned projects.
• Respond to business strategies with design solutions that will enhance store performance.
• Attend Brand meetings for visual and operational reviews.
• Identify and propose solutions to resolve issues that can impact project schedule, cost, or design integrity on multiple projects.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience.
• Must have the following technical proficiencies: AutoCAD, basic Word and Excel programs. InDesign and PhotoShop skills are a plus.
• B.S. in Architecture, Interior Design or Industrial Design
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs