A Fortune 500 company, in the fashion industry, is searching for a Store Designer! The position is onsite, and a 12 month contract.
• Concepts/designs with wholesale projects and factory projects
• Architectural background, interior and designer architecture background preferred
• Well-versed in reading floor plans as well as producing
• Candidate should have the ability to multitask with different projects
• Able to come up with the concept or the idea to the best of their ability as a designer and work the vendor to engineer it
• Sketchup- required (not advanced but the ability to go in and conquer ideas in SketchUp)
• InDesign--2D and 3D design
• Space Planning background would be helpful
As a Store Development Designer, working under the direction of a Senior Designer or Director, you'll collaborate in the development of innovative and original retail environments and fixture designs. You'll use your advanced design skills to create original 3D retail design solutions and develop concepts by others that reflect their design ethos, support retail business targets, and enhance the consumer retail experience. You'll work within team projects and work independently to complete the most technically challenging individual projects. You'll elevate all design projects for designated initiatives and/or projects. In addition, you'll need to communicate and present design concepts to team/leader/Director and create presentation materials that effectively communicate vision and goals.
What You Do:
Assist on larger projects which elevate the brand experience though original storytelling using 2D and 3D design for consumer-facing brand experience.
Design with clear ideation, through color, texture, spacing, scale and outstanding use of environments.
Design with versatility and constantly seek new and innovative ways to design for consumer experience
Work collaboratively between cross-functional teams
Articulately communicate your design intent and impact by assisting with building presentations which clearly communicates vision and goals