Manages and influences, through design and direction, private label and licensed brand creative. Directs designers, freelancers, interns and/or contractors in the design of private label artwork creation. Establishes and maintains brand guidelines. Works through trademark administration to ensure legal requirements have been met.
· Oversees the creation of product labeling for various home categories. Partners with management and merchandising to fill lifestyle needs by product category. Influences the buyers on aesthetic design decisions. Facilitates the process of setting up the necessary components of developing and creating various category specific programs. Ensures the quality of the vendors and ensures all deadlines are met.
· Creates new private label and licensed brand packaging for new products. Supports product buys with artwork for boxed packaging, hangtags, and a variety of other packaging components. Prioritizes and directs freelancers, interns and/or contractors in artwork creation.
· Directs styling with Senior Product Development Specialist to ensure aesthetic quality and content, and that timeline requirements are met.
· Will provide concepts, designs, and artwork files to merchants and vendors for our home product packaging.
· Collaborate with senior design specialist to create and develop packaging concepts and graphics consistent with brand DNA, trend, and overall product strategy. Provide timely responses and communication to vendors regarding deadlines for delivery of established artwork files and company packaging standards.
· Work closely with other designers, product managers and merchants to ensure all projects follow the necessary time & action and overall directional concept.
The job will be a mix of design production, organization and approval of branded packaging, creative layout, and logo design. **PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB IS APPROXIMATELY 50% PRODUCTION, 50% DESIGN**
· 5+ years in graphic design/packaging design industry.
· EXPERIENCE IN PACKAGING (HANG TAGS, BOXES, BELLYBANDS, etc) a plus
· Candidates must be proficient in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop and have a good sense for type.
· Must possess proven design ability with a strong sense for color and design.
· Excellent organization skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize a must.
· Strong communication and forging relationship skills.
Link to examples of your work or jpeg must be supplied in order to complete consideration process.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs