Sr. Web Developer
If you have proven success as a web developer and are looking for an exciting career with a robust company in the dynamic education field, we have an opportunity for you. Our Campus Support Center in Santa Ana, Calif., is looking for a skilled, creative and results-driven web developer to join our Digital Marketing Team (DMT). In this position, you’ll help create Web-based communications that drive prospects to our more than 100 College campuses throughout the United States and Canada. You’ll work with impassioned employees that recognize the value of post-secondary education and are dedicated to helping students prepare themselves for a better life. We offer an innovative environment and a tight-knit team that is great for self-starters.
The DMT Developer is strong in back-end development but also comfortable with front-end work. Curious, forward-thinking and marketing-minded, you should have experience creating world-class websites, applications, content management systems and databases that support large scale initiatives. This role requires a solid understanding of SEM, web standards, direct response and UI best practices.
• Build, maintain and query complex database systems.
• Design and administer web system infrastructures, including security, configurations, SSL, and Linux/Apache.
• Provide domain administration, including DNS configuration, vanity URL systems, and network access.
• Create and track campaign codes (IF Adkey).
• Management L.A.M.P. development, including CMS, Multi Microsite Manager (M3), Sprout and vendor portals.
• Create and communicate lead business rules.
• Assist teammates with SVN issues.
• Deploy work to production environments.
• Scale and secure large, highly available, data-driven websites.
• Communicate and enforce coding standard.
• Actively document coding work.
• Produce reusable code.
• Serve as a system administrator of LINUX systems.
• Manage expectations effectively.
• Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Suggest and collaborate on feasible system improvements; communicate effectively to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
• Mentor those with less experience through informal channels.
• Maintain legacy systems.
• Debug and test sites in multiple environments.
• Understands complex database concepts as well as the implications of different database designs.
• Familiarity with the LAMP environment (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP).
• Possesses significant knowledge of client server and Internet systems architectures.
• Understands browser specific compatibility issues.
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
• Ability to diagnose and fix programming issues relating to website operations
• Direct response focused.
• Is curious, forward-thinking and always seeking innovative solutions.
• BS in computer information systems or equivalent.
• Five years demonstrated experience in Web development and design.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Sr. Web Developer