Sr. Web Analyst
We are looking for someone who is highly analytical, possesses strong statistical skills, and has experience in eCommerce. The Senior Analyst for web analytics will utilize business, problem solving, data mining, and analysis skills to develop key strategic quantitative analysis for the eCommerce team. Analysis will be complex in nature, where large volumes of data are synthesized into actionable recommendations using SQL tools, analysis software (SAS), Web Analytic Tools (e.g. Omniture Insight) and various statistical techniques. This highly visible role focuses on analyzing the data to derive business insights, and then providing recommendations to Senior Management on critical business decisions.
• Manage analytical processes to effectively deliver timely, insightful and actionable analyses in support of ecommerce team
• Be a data expert in order to answer ad hoc questions and conduct deep dive analyses for the business using a variety of appropriate quantitative methods
• Use Adobe Omniture and other web analytic tools to summarize and report on web trends and key performance indicators
• Use SPSS, SAS or R and Access/SQL to automate and enhance current reporting, analysis and statistical models
• Present analytic output in order to soundly communicate clients to inform strategic and tactical decision making and guide business decisions
• Support team by serving as an individual contributor in delivering analyses
• Enhance current reporting tools and develop new tools needed to support the increasing digital landscape
• BA/BS in Statistics, Economics, Business or other related field
• Strong academic profile with an emphasis on quantitative coursework (e.g., degree in Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Econometrics or Engineering)
• Minimum 4 years of experience in conducting highly quantitative analytics
• Experience with large and complex data sets and relational databases
• Masters in Statistical Analytics or MBA with Analytics experience
• Knowledge of web analytics packages preferred (e.g. Adobe Omniture Site Catalyst, Omniture Insight, Coremetrics, Google Analytics)
• Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Proficiency in Microsoft Access or Oracle SQL and with SPSS, SAS or R.
• Experience in Direct Marketing Analytics, specifically on A/B testing is a plus.
• Prior experience in Tableau also is a plus.
• Proactive and self-motivated work style with proven ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast paced environment
• Exceptional attention to detail. Ability to identify and diagnose data inconsistencies and errors.
• Teamwork and communication – this role will interact and communicate with many different teams with varying understanding of data and analytics. Must be a strong communicator of complex concepts and analysis with a wide variety of audience knowledge.
• Strong multi-tasking skills – must be able to balance multiple projects and partners.
• Ability to reprioritize and communicate the required changes and impacts to all affected parties.
• Ability to clarify objectives, design analyses to answer business questions, interpret findings, and present easy to understand actionable results
• Strong and effective presentation and communication skills
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Sr. Web Analyst