Join our Mobile team and help revolutionize the retail industry! Located in the Kendall Square area of Cambridge and Framingham, MA, our mobile team is committed to experiences that delight the user. We are making huge inroads with innovation, paving the way toward the company’s reinvention. Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of mobile design here. UX culture is a given, you don’t need to fight for common sense UX practices– we get it. We believe that all of our products should be beautiful and accessible.
The Mobile User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering customer insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We're interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their behaviors, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create.
• Join our multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, app developers and product managers who collaborate closely with each other to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use
• Designers are equipped with the latest Apple hardware and Adobe software to help to define the user model and user interface for new and existing products and features
We have a small, tightly knit design team, and are looking for candidates who are self-motivated and able to work both independently and in collaboration with a team. We are looking for people who are inquisitive, humble, optimistic, collaborative, empathetic and creative. We are looking for a talented Visual/Interaction Designer who is passionate about solving complex problems and creating elegant products.
As a Visual Designer, you will:
• Collaborate closely with Interaction Designers, other Visual Designers, Product Managers and Engineers to bring beautiful visual design to reality with all screen sizes in mind
• Rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across many platforms
• Challenge the creative and strategic intent of a given project in a responsible manner that pushes the Staples brand forward
• Be able to conceptualize innovative designs, and create user experience specs, workflows & mockups
• Think big picture and small wins all within the same cycle
• Contribute to brainstorms and high-concept meetings to develop innovative designs
• Present the user interface visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find
• Market and promote products and features so users understand the value