AQUENT is supporting a major beauty brand in their search for a Sr. Visual Merchandise Industrial Designer! This is a FT Freelance need based in NYC for a duration of 3+ months.
This creative and technically skilled designer will be responsible for:
• Developing products, packaging and displayers from first concept through resolution of technical details.
• Liaison with manufacturers and development of final products.
• Initiating and pursuing self-started design proposals.
• Assessment of Creative Requests and formulation of initial responses and design proposals
• Development and presentation of concept direction options for projects including material and construction detailing.
• Presentation of selected designs, detail specification to manufacturers of approved designs, liaison with engineers and manufacturers on development of prototypes, sample approval.
• Some supervision and directing of freelance designers and junior members of the I.D team
• Effective time management, handling multiple projects effectively and within specified deadlines.
• Clear understanding of the essential requirements of each project, fast and effective development of multiple options in response to design briefs.
• Resolution of aesthetic and technical challenges, fine detailing of designs, management of close working relationships with other brand and corporate teams and with external vendors.
Independence of Action and Accountability
• Proposals to be presented in outline [with construction and detailing indicated] to Industrial Design ED, Visual Merchandising VP and Creative
• The Senior Designer will take responsibility for final detailing and specification of approved designs and for development of successful prototypes and final product.
• Responsibility for ensuring that each of their design projects is developed within specified budget.
- 5+ years for related experience
- Excellent creative skills and ability to initiate and quickly and clearly communicate design concepts
- Excellent presentation skills specifically very strong Adobe Illustrator skills
- Strong emphasis on physical modelmaking for both design development and presentation
- Excellent 3D CAD skills, particularly Rhino and Keyshot rendering software
- High level of technical drawing
- Very strong ability to successfully manage and cultivate working relationships and collaborate with colleagues and external partners
If this sounds like you, apply today!