Our client is a top-tier oilfield service company with a century-long track record, delivers solutions that help oil and gas operators make the most of their reservoirs.
Collaboration is the foundation on which they build their business. They listen to clients to understand their unique challenges and then develop solutions designed to help manage operating expenses, maximize reserve recovery, and boost overall return on investment throughout the life of an oil or gas asset.
With more than 50,000 employees in 90 countries, their local geomarket teams work side by side with customers to engineer reliable application-specific products and services.
We encourage you to learn more about them; Core Values, Centers of Excellence, Community Involvement, Corporate Social Responsibility and Protecting the Environment.
Our client is looking forward to the next 100 years of working side by side with their customers to continue expanding the limits of oil, gas and alternative energy drilling, completion and production through innovation problem solving.
The User Experience and User Interface group under the Products and Technology division is immediately looking for a Senior Visual Designer to join their team. This is a long-term temporary position and you will be working onsite at their location in Houston, Texas. Our client is pleased to announce the current build of their state-of-the-art Innovation and Usability Lab. This will be an environment dedicated to User Centered Design, with focus on usability testing, research and design thinking.
The team is currently working on a large portfolio of initiatives that focus primarily on the designing and testing of field and mobile applications for the Drilling and Evaluations division.
As the Senior Visual Designer, you will be responsible for concepting and producing innovative and clean designs that adhere to corporate brand standards. You will have hands-on experience on how to leverage user-friendly guidelines and user centered design standards and apply them to your designs. As well as strong design fundamentals including typography and grid-centered design. You will also have the ability to translate your design concepts into high-fidelity wireframes for further team collaboration and contribute to moving the initiative through the project lifecyle. You will also be responsible for modifications to the corporate brand standards as applicable throughout your project work. Finally, as Senior Visual Designer, you have the ability to effectively communicate (pitch) your design concepts to the immediate team, development team, focused user groups and business stakeholders when necessary.
- People person
- Previous experience with web design is required.
- Previous experience in upstream oil and gas application development a plus, not necessary.
- Experience with mobile or application design a strong plus.
- We are looking for self-starters that are highly motivated in design and current with industry trends.
- Individuals that are thinking outside of the box and pushing the boundaries of solid design.
- Strong communication is key.
- Experience working in a corporate environment is key.
- Experience working within an Agile and Waterfall environment.
- Portfolio samples are required. Your portfolio should contain from concept to completion work samples. Help us to understand your thought process through great design!
•The UX team is tool agnostic but experience in Adobe Creative Suite and Fireworks is preferred.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs