Senior Visual Designer
Location: Danbury, CT
About This Opportunity
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. To begin with, you will start as Senior Visual Designer for our
consumer and enterprise web applications. As a Senior Visual Designer you'll take the lead as you…
• Develop detailed mockups and creative designs based on wireframes for visualization and HTML code generation
• Deliver visual assets, CSS and appropriate design specifications to effectively translate design into code
• Ensure consistency and unification of creative and brand strategy across and within solutions and platforms
• Collaborate with the teams of UX Architect, creative strategist, interaction designers, visual designers and web developers using Agile UX methodology
• Demonstrate good problem solving skills and process
• Be able to work within branding guidelines and further refine these as new functionality is required
• Produce visual implementation specifications for developers
• Take responsibility for the delivery of all graphical assets to developers, working in an agile environment, in scrums, to finesse their implementation of visual designs
• Take part and help create materials for usability testing throughout the project
• Translate user feedback and business requirements into the designs in iterations throughout the product lifecycle.
Visual Designer needed for UX team
We are a talented and high-energy team who
• Live and breathe creating awesome user experiences for all new product development.
• Continually challenge the status quo and each other to define and adopt best practices.
• Take an agile approach to delivering quickly and responding to feedback.
• Are defining a product branding and unification strategy.
• Place value on the practice of developing reusable assets and design patterns.
We are expecting you to
• Challenge the norm yet still deliver commitments on time.
• See the relationship between individual design implications and the impact on the end to end user experience.
• Have the drive & passion to bring a product to market, considering the end to end user experience.
• Welcome the opportunity to be a part of the reinvention of a Fortune 500 company.
• BA/BFA or higher degree in formal visual design required.
• 7 + years of experience as a visual designer creating web and mobile based applications.
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating creativity, strong visual design skills, problem solving, and the ability to articulate your thought process.
• Apply existing visual design patterns consistently and extend and document emerging patterns.
• Expertise using Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, InDesign.
• Supreme attention to detail and a demonstrated mastery of typography, iconography, color, logo design and page layout.
• An understanding of mobile platforms such as Android and iPhone and knowledge of production practices preferred.
• Experience with best practices in accessibility.
• Self-starter with ability to work independently in a fast-paced, cross-functional team environment.
• Excellent communication skills: able to facilitate your own meetings as necessary, comfortable working with all levels of the organization.
• Working knowledge of CSS and HTML.
• Interaction Design skills and experience using wireframing and prototyping tools such as Axure and Omnigraffle to illustrate interaction, motion and transitions.
• Following lead and directions from User Experience teams.
• Agile software development methodology.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Senior Visual Designer