Sr. Visual Designer- This role is ONSITE in Houston, TX.
Our growing in-house ad agency seeks a highly-skilled Senior Visual Designer to shepherd all marketing materials for a next-generation energy company changing the face of energy today. Candidate must have leadership experience and show fluency in crafting engaging design solutions for a variety of marketing media, including online and digital marketing, print advertising, broadcast and direct mail. Must have experience adhering to brand standards and provide a body of work showcasing creative, and effective, use of marketing concepts.
The Senior Visual Designer is expected to take on creative leadership – developing an effective visual design strategy to create a world-class user experience, and mentoring junior designers. Candidate must think strategically to provide solutions in line with overall business objectives and priorities and must design for several media across multiple campaigns. Front-end design is required. Requires 5-7 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Reports to Creative Manager.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate with other cross-functional teams
• Inspire and collaborate with team to produce creative that is on strategy and pushes creative boundaries
• Art direct outsourced projects, serving as internal contact for freelance talent
• Mentor junior team members
• Create pixel-perfect, high resolution digital assets (iconography, screen layouts/elements, typography, iconography, and animations) from wireframes for print advertising, web banners, websites, product packaging, social media, etc.
• Collaborate with creative team to produce creative that is on strategy, on target, in brand and consistent with what is currently in market
• Participate in strategy discussions and provide creative solutions
• Follow best practices, provide input on new solutions and disseminate throughout the team
• Conceptualize and direct projects from concept to completion in a variety of media and formats
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Exhibits UI design expertise, with an eye for layout, typography and color palettes
• Showcases mastery of Adobe Creative Suite, HTML/CSS, Flash and PowerPoint
• Employs working knowledge of After Effects and Audition
• Produces for video, audio, animation, illustration and/or photography
• Articulates best practices for browser-based UIs, web technologies and CMS
• Prioritizes timeliness of delivery versus quality of work
• Practices excellent written and oral communication skills
• Exhibits exemplary business acumen
• Adapts quickly to a changing work environment
• Multitasks and delivers in a time-sensitive environment
• Shows self-motivation and sets high goals for self and team
• Present designs effectively to gain buy-in
• 5-7 years in an agency or in-house creative group
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Occasionally requires lifting as appropriate to perform duties and responsibilities
• Open office environment
• Some overtime required as special projects arise
• Day travel and some overnight stays